This is a guest post from Brendan Lally from the Work Placement Office at The National College of Ireland in Dublin’s IFSC. At a time where there are more vacancies than applicants in Irish Software companies, Brendan wants to work with you to place an IT student for 6 months in early 2012 within your company.
What is the benefit of taking a student for you as an Employer?
The Work Placement Program at The National College of Ireland is looking for industry partners within Software and Service companies immediately. The students attending the BSc.(Honours) in Software Systems and BSc. (Honours) in Business Information Systems degrees have a solid theoretical base, which they are keen to put into practice.
- Placements provide the ideal opportunity for employers to foster links with the National College of Ireland.
- The opportunity to trial a potential recruit without obligation or target ‘highflyer ’ recruits early.
- Your team can benefit from skilled assistance for specific project work at lower cost.
- Placements can also provide your staff with some valuable people management and mentoring experience.
Where could a student fit into you team?
Some samples of the projects our students worked on in 2011 include:-
- IT development projects
- IT support
- Network administration
- Software development
- Software programming
- Web design and development
- Database development
How do I sign up?
The Placements start in late January 2012 for 6 Months. Our 3rd year IT students are (again) likely to be in high demand for IT related work experience in any sector of industry.
If you are an interested employer, email me at Brendan.email@example.com or phone me (Brendan Lally) directly on 01-4498558. For further details please check out our Employers Brochure on the following link: http://issuu.com/ncicareers/docs/it_placement-2011-w