IBM Global Entrepreneur Announcement Event. April 11th, Cork City Hall.
You are invited to join us for the launch of The IBM Global Entrepreneur initiative 2011 on April 11th. This event will commence at 9.30 am at Cork City Hall, Anglesea Street, Cork.
IBM launched the Global Entrepreneur initiative in early 2010. This initiative is designed to help start-up companies capture emerging business opportunities in fast-growing industries like energy and utilities, healthcare, communications and government, and work with a new generation of entrepreneurs to tackle some of the world’s most pressing issues — like water, transportation, healthcare and the environment — that will transform the way people live and work.
Part of the IBM Global Entrepreneur initiative is IBM SmartCamp. This is an exclusive networking and mentoring event that identifies early-stage entrepreneurs who are developing business ventures that complement our Smarter Cities efforts by bringing together business, venture capital, academic, civic and government leaders for a conversation about innovation, human capital and economic development in a city environment.
To participate in this initiative, a start-up must be:
• Privately held
• In business for less than five years
• Actively developing a solution on an open platform – or willing to move to an open platform.
• Turnover less than $1,000,000.
If your company matches this criteria and you are interested in attending this launch please send a note to the event organiser: Rory Caren. firstname.lastname@example.org.
See IT@Cork for more detail:-
- CIT: OpenStack Event Dec 6th 7pm - November 27, 2012
- Turning Grassroots Technology Into Commercial Success - October 3, 2011
- IT for Healthcare and Connected Health Events @ CASALA, DKIT - July 20, 2011
- IBM in association with IT@Cork brings IBM Global Entrepreneur initiative to Cork City Hall - March 22, 2011